Who doesn’t love a classic top ten list eh? My hope here is that someone will read this post and benefit from it. Simple really. Onward!
My Top 10 Favorite Products for Wellness
- Specifically Lavender and Peppermint
- That’s right – you didn’t hear it here first, but you’ve heard it again. So the hype about these incredible oils must be real. I tell you what, when I have a headache I put lavender on my neck and boom – relief. Plus, when I wear lavender I get all kind of compliments on the fragrance – it’s calming to myself and to others – a win-win. Stomach ache? Put a few drops of peppermint oil in your water for fresh breath and a soothed tum tum without having to find some Tums. I have over 20 different oils – all of them fantastic in their own right and they serve so many different purposes. From cleaning to cooking, aromatherapy to health care, these oils are a must-have in my book.
- Yes. Yes. Yes. I’ve always struggled with my skin and because of that I’ve gone to great lengths to keep it clear and free of any annoying blemishes. I’ve gone to the dermatologist for a prescription a few times in addition to the countless products I bought over the counter, claiming to zap zits and give you the MOST BEAUTIFUL skin ever. Some things seemed to work, but overtime I found myself frustrated. I wanted something simple. Something easy to do and incorporate into my life. Stridex pads are exactly that. You don’t even have to wet your face – or step near a bathroom to take care of your skin. Brilliant. Just bing bong boom – clean skin in minutes. Plus, I’ve noticed my skin looks better and brighter than ever. Seriously guys. These things work. Get the extra strength kind and use them at least 1-2 times a day, like when you get home from work. I tried Stridex when I was younger and didn’t care for them too much; but like I said, these things are a game changer for me these days.
Probiotics & Apple Cider Vinegar pills
- Probiotics: These things are becoming more popular right now and I can see why. Google probiotics and what they do for you and then go out and buy some. You’ll thank me later.
- Apple Cider Vinegar pills: Another trend – drinking apple cider vinegar – that I find revolting and impossible to maintain. The flavor = yuck. The act of slamming down warm yuck cider = super gross. But in the name of health I sought out an alternative. These little pills contain apple cider vinegar but you don’t have to taste it. I take mine on an empty stomach and overall I feel less bloated, lost a bit of weight (those difficult 3 lbs that never seem to go away – but did!) and I feel, potentially a placebo, that I am doing something to benefit my overall health when I take them.
- I LOVE THIS HERB. It’s a great detoxify-er. If you suffer from any kind of inflammation (due to PMS or really any other reason) consuming more turmeric really does help. Plus, it tastes good and adds a robust flavor to the food you’re making. Basically, this herb is a superhero herb. Use it. Eat it. Love it. And if you don’t believe me, Google it.
Medicated Body Powder
- I LOVE THIS STUFF. It’s perfect for in shoes and boots that you wear frequently. When I was bar tending I put this stuff in my shoes before every shift. It keeps your feet cool and dry and I love it. Not to mention, it keeps your shoes fresher for longer. If you travel a lot, get you some of this. It’s perfect to shake on to any part of your body in need. I will go the rest of my life with some brand of medicated body powder in my medicine cabinet.
- Better circulation and softer skin. Need I say more? I normally dry brush before I get in the shower – it sloughs off dead skin cells and leaves me feeling radiant. Then after the shower and some lotion, my skin is softer than ever.
- The hype is real, ya’ll. The Vitamix blender is so bad ass it can even make soup. It can basically make anything short of a 12 inch pizza. I do smoothies in my Vitamix quite often. I also use it to make pesto, homemade Cesar dressing, and to blend my batter for baked goods. They are a touch expensive – but so flippin’ worth it. If your already a fan of your regular blender I absolutely suggest upgrading. You’ll be happy you did.
- When used often this stuff will help stretch marks fade! Not only that but my skin feels the most moisturized when I use Bio-Oil compared to your every day lotion. It smells great, too. Again, kind of expensive (especially if you’re using it regularly) but it’s another must-have for me.
Mate Tea / Kombucha
- These are no brainers. Mate and kombucha are like coffee – but they’re both better for you (and better tasting, I think). These teas give me energy, ease my stomach, and are a much smarter thing for me to be drinking compared to my old vice Diet Coke.
Non-Cotton Pillow Cases
- Who would have thought that changing my pillow case would change my hair game and be better for my skin? After my hairstylist recommended I switch from sleeping on cotton to silk or satin – I really noticed a difference. In the mornings, my hair is less frizzy and damaged looking than it used to be when I slept on a cotton pillow case. My skin seems to prefer the silk pillow cases much more too and I find that I have less of those sleep wrinkles pressed into my face each morning. Cotton apparently sucks the moisture straight out of your hair/skin – ditching it has definitely made a difference for me.